Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome Kelly!

We welcome Kelly Morgan as our newest veterinarian! Kelly answered a few questions for us so that we could get to know her better.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I grew up in Glenview, IL and have always been in love with Chicago. Once I graduated from veterinary school at the University of Illinois in 2005, I immediately moved into the city. Fortunately, I am marrying a Chicago Firefighter so I will happily remain in the city for many more years. I initially practiced at a clinic in Oak Park where I quickly developed an interest in behavior medicine, and I am currently participating in a specialty training program to become board certified in that specialty. In my free time I enjoy biking, reading, walking my adorable dog, and knitting.

Tell us why you’re excited about Furnetic.
I am so excited to start working with veterinary students. I feel their experiences at Furnetic will really complement their education at the College of Vet Med, and I love their enthusiasm.

Tell us something about yourself that few others know.
I am a huge Harry Potter geek. Hermione Granger is my personal hero, not only because she is so clever and brave and loves books, but also because I sympathize with her bushy hair (especially during the humid Chicago summers)!

No comments: